Friday, August 22, 2008

New job required...

Yes, the company I work for has laid me off. Actually, me and a bunch of other people.

They're reorganizing and a lot of us had to go. I am not mad, or upset with them at all. I completely understand.

All I am in fact is sad. I have really enjoyed my relatively short stay here (been here since December '07) and really enjoy my job and the people I work with.

They've been pretty much the only company that treats it's employees as adults, and I shall miss that most I think.

We've all been given three months working notice and the company has said that we can use as much time as we need to find other jobs. Our HR department has started 'reverse recruiting' so they're all working to try and get us hired by other companies. They're sending around postings and contact information for all kinds of other companies.

They're treating us all very well (why does that sound like a message from a hostage?).

But I still have to find another job. Sigh.

Later.

No comments: