Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Upcoming 'cultural' events

Well, some would call it culture.

I'm going to see Sarah Silverman at the end of March. Then The Cure in late May then Rush in later May.

Never had so many events going on at the same time.

Of course my Credit Card is feeling the strain, tickets are not cheap. Neither is going away for a long weekend though I guess.

Been a huge Cure fan for a long, long time. I'll almost be the oldest person there, but I so don't care. I've seen them 4 times now I think? And each one has been better than the last.

I've seen Rush a couple of times too. The last time was in Vancouver when they put on a 3 hour show! It was fantastic. And I've not seen Sarah Silverman before, but I'm such a fan of hers. I think her type of humour is what we need right now. We need people to stop taking themselves so seriously and being easily offended. I'm not advocating racism, but I am advocating a sense of humour which involves the ability to laugh at ourselves.

More later.

No comments: