Friday, April 18, 2008

Ahh, Friday

Well today was supposed to be another 'layoff day', but it seems that the communication lines got crossed somehow. It didn't happen anyway.

It turns out that the heads of my company are meeting in one of our overseas offices and are determining what the company is going to look like going forward. We already know that whatever it looks like, it doesn't include the video editors and other post-production people that have already been let go (what do you mean, you haven't been following along?). But it waits to be seen as to what the rest of it looks like.

Am I worried? Yeah, a bit. Someone told me the other day that you shouldn't worry about the things you cannot change. And that you shouldn't worry about the other things either. So I'm trying to live by that right now.

Anyway, it's Friday. Went for a one beer lunch with my boss and a couple of his peers which turned into a three beer lunch. And beer time in the office is due to start in about an hour. And I'm leaving at 4 today to meet some friends for drinks. So it's kindof like a beer Friday for me.

More later.

No comments: