Thursday, April 17, 2008

Score one for our team!

I'm a Macintosh Administrator by trade. And I love it when I convince someone to switch.

This morning I was talking to one of our Project Managers, who was telling me the problems he was having with his StinkPad. I told him that he should switch to a Mac. He said that he would love to, but that the budget for his group wouldn't allow it. Well with the layoffs we've had lately, I just happen to have 5 Mac laptops sitting in my desk, depreciating and gathering dust, so I told him he could have one. I like how I'm so free with the company's money?

He checked with his Manager, and she said 'go for it'.

So I'm building it for him right now. Sweet.

Another good thing about this is that his Manager is having problems with her StinkPad too (umm, isn't everyone?), so he's put himself in the position of 'pilot' for Macs in the PM office. So when they all see how trouble-free it is, we'll be rolling more out, you can take that to the bank.

Check one more off the list Redmond.

More later.

No comments: