Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Interview today

Today I have an interview. It's my first one since officially looking for work this time. 

I'm calling it an interview anyway, although the person I'm meeting with is calling it a meeting to determine whether a 'fit' exists or now.

The company is a Vancouver-based Video Post-Production facility that handles some TV movies and documentaries. They are quite well-known and have been around for a number of years.

The fit is going to come because they are a 100% Macintosh company and are in the process of deploying an Apple XSAN. I really hope they're deploying XSAN 2 and not XSAN 1.4, XSAN 1.4 is horrible. It's probably (in my opinion) one of the worst pieces of software to come out of Apple and I'm sure they purchased it and just dumped it out - it doesn't display any of Apple's normal usability features and stability at all.

Anyway, lets hope today goes well and that there is indeed a fit for me. Then I can stop thinking about trying to find another job and go and work somewhere that I can set up from scratch instead of inheriting others design characteristics. It's always better to do the whole thing yourself, although it's not always possible.

Good luck to me.

No comments: